Monday, November 16, 2009

Sauteed Bass Served with Lemon Wedges

I think I might be creating a monster. When it comes to my food blog, my husband teases me (at least I think it's teasing...) that he always gets dinner late because I'm too busy taking pictures to show you. Now, I will admit, I have burned a few things and there have been a few nights that took me a little longer than usual but overall, I think he's exaggerating.

He must be getting somewhat of a kick out of this new experience we call 'creating a blog'. This weekend our weather was Gorgeous! Yes, and that is with a capital 'G'. While taking the dogs for a walk down by the pond he could see fish swimming around. That is pretty strange for this time of the year but he decided to go see if the fish were actually biting. I meandered down by the pond to watch and keep him company. Glad I did because it started off as if he was being filmed for a comedy shoot.

He catches a HUGE fish. It was beautiful. He puts it on a stringer and puts it in the pond. Too close to shore. He moves it out further. Stringer slips out of his finger. Dinner swims away. Sad. I was tasting that fish sauteed in some luscious butter. No More.....I watched for a little while longer but he wasn't having any more nibbles so, bitter that I was, I headed back up to the house.

About a half hour later, The Hub comes sauntering up to the house with a grin that told me how proud he was of himself. In his hands were the two most beautiful fish.

Now this is the part that proves he likes my blog almost as much as I do. He fried those fish up and plated them beautifully! And then, suggested, quite adamantly, that I take a picture to show you.


Sauteed Bass Served with Lemon Wedges
2 Large Bass (or other type of fish)
1 tbsp butter
1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Skin the fish leaving it whole. You could fillet them at this point but you'll lose good meat in the process so we prefer to leave it whole.

In a heavy skillet with a lid heat over medium flame and melt the butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the skinned fish. Place the fish in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, turning halfway in between. Cook with the lid on.
Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy the delicate texture of fresh caught bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment