Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chinese Curried Drumsticks

Feel neglected because I didn't post yesterday? Sorry, I've been having to much fun eating and I forgot to take pictures to send you but I promise to revisit what I was enjoying and I'll show you in a future post.



Have you ever had a chinese curry? It's gooood. Completely different than a madras curry. It's more mild and super yummy.
Chinese Curried Drumsticks
5-6 Chicken Drumsticks
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 can coconut milk
2 tbsp 'Oriental Curry Powder'

1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1 medium onion
2 baby bok choy
2 carrots - peel
8 cremini mushrooms

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat a heavy sauce pan, heat the oil and saute the drumsticks. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Brown drumsticks turning periodically for about 10 minutes.

Roughly cube the onion. Take the stem off the bok choy and quarter. Peel and cut carrots on the bias. Cut mushrooms in quarters.

In a small bowl mix curry power and 1 cup of chicken stock. Once mixed add to sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients. Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment