Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cilantro Chicken with Steamed Rice


I stumbled upon this wonderful dish unexpectedly. For lunch my friend and I went to our local chinese restaurant where they had a few new dishes on the menu. One of which was 'Cilantro Chicken'. I love cilantro so I figured I might as well give it a try. Boy was that meal a treat.

Soon after this visit I set out to recreate the dish in my kitchen. This recipe has captured my meal that day, spot on. Delicious!

Cilantro Chicken with Steamed Rice
3/4 pound boneless chicken breast
3/4 pound boneless chicken thighs
1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp olive oil
5 fresh jalapenos thinly sliced
3 lg garlic cloves - thinly sliced
1/2 c. finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce

Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle flour over. Mix to coat

Heat oil in a wok. Stir fry jalapeno and garlic for 1-2 minutes.

Add chicken and stir fry for about 5 minutes until chicken is tender and brown. Add cilantro, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir fry about two more minutes. Enjoy with steamed rice.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great recipe. i just tried this out tonight after having a similar dish at grand szechuan in new york city!

    ReplyDelete