Monday, November 23, 2009

Asian Happy Eggs:)



no words needed....well maybe a few. Check out one of my favs...Kylie Kwong's book 'Heart and Soul' page 11. Some where I read a comment that complained Kylie doesn't know how to cook. The person that made that remark obviously hasn't made this recipe.

This dish is without a doubt a 'peel my face off the bed, slap my ass, smile, and start a fantastic day' breakfast.

Asian Happy Eggs:)

1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
2 green onions
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce

In your best seasoned wok, heat the oil until it reaches it's smoke point (turn your vent on).

Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add the soy sauce.

Carefully, add the eggs to the oil. After 1 minute add the onion and 1 tbsp of oyster sauce. Cook for another minute. At this point I carefully remove the eggs from the oil with a giant spider utensil and then discard the oil. Return the eggs to the pan to continue to crisp. Plate while the yolks are still runny. Drizzle with oyster sauce.

This is now my favorite way to wake up during the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment