Monday, December 28, 2009

Roasted Cauliflower with White Cheddar Cheese and Dill



Cauliflower is a forgotten vegetable for me. I like it but I commonly don't think of it as an option. Cauliflower is a very nutrient dense food that is low in carbohydrates. I roasted the cauliflower with some chicken stock and cheese. Next time I make this I think I will cut the cheese amount at least in half. This was extremely tasty but I think it would be just as good and obviously more healthy without it. The cauliflower wasn't as strong in flavor as I remember.

Roasted Cauliflower with White Cheddar Cheese and Dill
1 head of cauliflower with the white florets cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp dried dill weed
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup black pepper
4 ounces white chedder cheese grated.

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place the cauliflower in a baking dish. Drizzle the broth over the cauliflower. Toss. Sprinkle the dill, salt, and pepper along with 1/2 the grated cheese. Toss. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the cheese over top.
Bake in an oven heated to 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thats delicious ...If we put some patan ghee the taste will be more delicious.. Try it..

    ReplyDelete