Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Perfect New Year's Day Cocktail


Yes, I did mean New Years Day. Last year, The Hub and I had the best New Year's Day. We spent the day relaxing. I made these tasty cocktails to start along with some Asian soup to warm our souls. It was so special. I thought you'd appreciate it if I shared this recipe so you could plan to pick up the ingredients. Make this special drink for a special someone on a special day.

I'm planning on making last year a tradition. This year I'll make these cocktails with an Asian soup that's new to me, Vietnamese Pho soup.

Grapefruit-Gin Sour
Juice from 2 grapefruit
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
2 shots of Tangeruay Gin
2 shots of simple syrup
1 cup ice cubes
2 tbsp sugar

Simple Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Simmer the ingredients for the simple syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Cool.

Once the syrup is cool. Reserve 1 tbsp grapefruit juice. Combine the ingredients for the drink. Shake until frothy. Fold a 1/2 paper towel in half and place it on a plate. Pour the reserved tbsp of juice on the towel. On another plate place the 2 tbsp of sugar. Dip your glass in the juice on the towel and then dip in the sugar to create your sugared rim. Split the beverage between 2 glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment