Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Morning Boost


Today I'm headed to Cleveland for a visit with my aunties. We're poised to have a true foodie weekend. We will be working on creating entries for the Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest. The ideas and sources of inspiration are endless.

Right now I need a little fuel to get me through the drive. Most days my breakfast of choice is fruit but sometimes a warm breakfast can carry you through the morning like no other.

I'll admit this is the first time I've made this but WOW is it good! Greens and eggs - a match made for each other.

Baked Swiss Chard and Egg

Swiss Chard
1/2 tbsp butter
1/4 tbsp crushed red pepper
1/4 pound Swiss chard

Fried Egg
1/2 tsp butter
1 egg
Salt and pepper


Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Chop the chard in ribbons. Saute until wilted.

Lightly grease a small baking dish. Spread wilted chard on bottom of the baking dish. Crack egg in the middle. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 7-10 minutes depending on your oven. Egg doneness is a personal preference but I think the best way to enjoy is when the whites are cooked to opaque and the yolk is runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment