Sunday, October 25, 2009

Joe’s BEST damn Deviled Eggs



My husband LOVVVVES Deviled Eggs. I love them too but personally I think they are a pain in the arse to make. The only reason why I make them is I lovvve my husband. I’ve never made a really good d-egg which is another discouraging factor. This morning I pleaded and begged him to pick up the task. Compared to me, he is a gentler cook, which is what deviled eggs need. Somehow I got him to agree.

THE best deviled eggs I’ve ever had. When you’re trying to pass a little love through food – try this:

Joe’s BEST damn Deviled Eggs
8 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 scallion finely chopped
2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
2 strips bacon finely chopped
1 ½ tsp grey poupon Dijon mustard
Heaping ¼ c. Mayonnaise
½ tsp celery salt
Coarse ground black pepper

Cut eggs in half and remove yolk. Mash yolk and add ½ of the scallion, ½ red onion, and bacon. Mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Normally, you would fill a plastic bag and pipe the filling in the eggs but Joe spooned the mixture in. Top with the reserved red and green onions. I'm impressed with the beauty of his eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment