Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Diablo Shrimp - Fire


The restaurant we go to for special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) use to have a Diablo Shrimp appetizer dish that was really good and spicy. I’ve recently perfected my version of this very good appetizer. I’m sure you and your guests will love this one.
Fire Diablo Shrimp
1 pd peeled and deveined shrimp
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper
½ c. Franks Red Hot
½ c. Marinara (when I’m lazy and don’t make from scratch I use Classico)
2 cloves garlic
In a large skillet on medium heat melt the butter with olive oil, garlic and the crushed red. Add all ingredients except the shrimp and simmer. When sauce is hot, add shrimp. Cook until pink which will be about 2 minutes. Don’t cook longer than this or the shrimp will be overdone and you might as well gone out to eat. (Maybe I’ll tell you the background on that comment in a future post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment