Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Smoked Corned Beef


There isn't anything too complicated with this roast but I wanted to share it with you anyways because it was that good. Sunday, I enjoyed the warm weather by smoking this beautiful corned beef roast.

I say it wasn't complicated and I mean it. I seasoned the roast by usng the packet of spices that comes with most corned beef roasts. The special part was the smoking. When the weather is breezy and balmy I love to get outside, get the smoker out, and smoke some luscious meats. I got my charcoal going at about noon and smoked the roast until about 5 o'clock. Pretty much all that is required of you is to make sure you keep a batch of charcoal going so the smoker temperature doesn't go below 300 degrees. Not much labor required at all.

I got a lot done while this roast was getting it's bath of smoke. Gardens are weeded, plants are planted, and puppy is played with. All and all a good way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment