Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Perfect Lunch - Afghan Snowshoe Nan with Creme Fraiche, Capers and Gravlax Salmon


I am so lucky. Our farmer's market is amazing. We have a local pizza joint that makes all kinds of flatbread to sell at the market. My all time favorite is Afghan Snowshoe Nan. It is heavily dosed with a sprinkling of nigella seeds and has horseradish in the dough. If you ever have the opportunity to try it - DO! It has a wonderful complex flavor and texture.

This is what I threw together for lunch before I went out to garden. Refreshing and satisfying.

(I made this for my lunch so it was a 1 serving dish.)

2 ounces of gravlax salmon
1 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tbsp capers
2 pieces of afghan snowshoe nan

Spread the creme fraiche on the nan. Top with the salmon and capers.

***I think I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow. I love this nan!

No comments:

Post a Comment