Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Low Fat Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms



These stuffed mushrooms are the ultimate healthy, high flavor snack. In an effort to change my eating habits I'm looking for ways to cut the fat while keeping all the flavor elements that I'm a fan of in the dishes I love.

Low Fat Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
8 servings, <1 WW pt/shroom
8 large mushroom(s)
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 Tbsp light cream cheese, room temperature
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 ounce of Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup of panko bread crumbs

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and place the mushrooms top down on the pan.


Mix the artichoke hearts, lemon juice and cream cheese. Divide the artichoke mixture between the eight mushrooms.

With a micro plane, finely grate an ounce of Parmesan cheese.

Divide the cheese between each mushroom. Sprinkle each with the panko pressing down so the toppings won't fall off.


Cook for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm having company for appetizers this weekend. Stuffed mushrooms are always a hit. I love this light version!

    ReplyDelete