Monday, March 11, 2013

Yummy Cheesy and Moist Venison Burgers

The Hub and I are pretty darn excited! I think we've perfected the venison burger. As lean as venison is, it can sometimes be a bit dry. Grilling venison burgers has been troublesome because they tend to fall apart because there's not much holding it together. So to keep the patties held together I tried cooking in a cast iron skillet. Okay, I'll admit this version was a little fattier than I prefer but man was it delicious. I melted some butter in the cast iron skillet to pan fry the burgers. A little bit of egg and gouda cheese mixed into the meat helped to hold the patties together. Here you'll see that we did a patty melt version but we've eliminated some fat by using fresh onions instead of fried and serving the burger on a english muffin instead of buttered bread. I think this has become our Friday favorite!!!!

Venison Burgers
1 1/4 pound of venison
1/2 cup shredded gouda
1 tsp worsteshire sauce
1/2 egg (mix an egg and add about 1/2 depending on moisture of the venison meat)
1 tbsp of salt
1 tsp black pepper


For this burger we made it into a patty melt. We took fresh rye bread spread with butter and sandwiched the burger, grilled onions, and american cheese. We then pan fried the sandwich to get a nice crisp on the bread. Beautiful comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment