Saturday, January 9, 2010

Swiss Chard with Fontina Flounder



Ahhhhhh,,,,,the first meal since New Year's that wasn't using leftover ingredients! I love wilted greens! These greens are actually from summer. I chopped, sauteed and froze them. My swiss chard garden went crazy this last summer and I had to do something with the greens. This is a perfect way to harvest if you have a lot.

Cheese is definitely something I'm having difficulty figuring out how to incorporate in my new eating habits. I'm learning to just use less. I think this dish is a really great example of how to add cheese for extra deliciousness factor while keeping it real.

Swiss Chard with Fontina Flounder
2 servings - 8 WW points per serving

2 6 ounce flounder fillets
6 cups swiss chard - roughly chopped
1 tbsp cream cheese
1/8 pound fontina cheese - grated
1/2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
lemon wedges

Sprinkle the flounder with salt and pepper on the side facing up. In a skillet, add the olive oil, and heat a skillet on medium high. When the skillet is hot, add the flounder with the seasoned side face down. Sprinkle the side facing up with additional salt and pepper. Cook on the each side for about 3 minutes.

In another skillet place the swiss chard. Cook for about a minute and then add the cream cheese. Stir until it is thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment